Landing Beaches of Normandy
This tour to the Landing Beaches of Normandy is the ultimate full day tour for anyone interested in World War II. Enjoy an excursion from Paris to the D-Day Beaches in Normandy with your official guide, who will bring these historic sites to life.
- Transportation from Paris to Normandy
- Guided tour of the Caen Memorial Museum
- Lunch at the Caen Memorial Museum
- Visit the American Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer
- Walk on the famous Omaha Beach
- Learn about the day the Allies landed in Normandy
- Explore the Pointe du Hoc, the American Rangers' landing site
- Stop at Arromanches and the Canadian Memorial at Juno Beach
Visit the D-Day Beaches in Normandy
We'll leave Paris early morning and head towards Caen, where we should arrive around 10:15 AM. At Caen, we stop at the Caen Memorial Museum (also known as the Peace Museum) for a guided visit and a short film.
The Caen Memorial Museum tells the story of the various stages of the Second World War, particularly the Battle of Normandy. Your guided tour includes the chance to see everyday objects from life under occupation, maps and models of military vehicles, as well as film screenings that recreate the emotions of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy.
After the tour of the museum, you'll enjoy a delicious lunch and drinks at the museum restaurant.
Next we'll depart for the landing beaches at Normandy, where we stop at both the Pointe du Hoc and the American cemetery Saint-Laurent at Omaha Beach for about an hour.
Hereafter we'll make a stop at Arronmanches, and then, as the last sight, continue to the close vicinity of the Canadian Memorial of Juno Beach, where we'll make a short photo stop.
After this intense day we'll drive back to Paris, and expect to be back around 9–9:30 PM.
The tour is available in English and French.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts at the PARISCityVISION's office. The address will be on your e-ticket.
Please be there 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends back at the PARISCityVISION's office.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 14½ hours.
- We suggest a good pair of shoes to avoid discomfort. No high heels. Also wear practical clothes according to the weather.