Want fast and easy transportation into London from Stansted Airport? Prebook your train ticket for the Stansted Express and quickly board the train between the airport and Liverpool Street Station!
- Get into London quickly and easily with Stansted Express
- The travel time is just 45 minutes
- Children under age 5 travel for free
How does it work?
When booking your tickets, select the date that you would like to first use your train tickets as the "valid from" date. If you book a round trip ticket, the return journey needs to be used within 1 month of the "valid from" date.
How do I get my tickets?
When your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send to the email address entered at the time of booking. Just print it out and bring it with you to London.
All train tickets are issued manually, so plan for a slight delay in receiving your actual tickets once you have placed your order. It can take up to 2-3 business days. We promise that you will receive your tickets well before you leave home and if you book close to the departure date, your order will be processed with priority.
You'll receive just one e-ticket for each booking, regardless of how many people in your party - rather than receiving individual tickets.
How long is the journey by train?
The train ride between Stansted Airport and Liverpool Street Station takes 45 minutes.
Are there child rates?
Yes, child rates are available for children between age 5-15. Children from age 0-4 travel free when accompanied by a paying adult. Maximum 4 children per adult.
- Stansted Express tickets are sold on a strict no exchange no refund basis.
- On bank holidays the Stansted Express will follow a reduced timetable, and on December 25 the trains do not run.
- PLEASE NOTE: On 10/9-2017 (all day), and on 24/9-2017 (until 9pm) + 8/10-2017 (until 9pm) + all Saturdays and Sundays in January 2018, train services will be replaced by direct non-stop buses.
- It is your responsibility to check the train timetable before your journey, especially the train times to and from the airport for flights that arrive or depart very early in the morning or late at night, or in case there is limited service due to maintenance work, etc.
- We do not offer partial or full refunds for tickets that cannot be used if the train timetable does not fit with your scheduled flight arrival or departure time. If trains are cancelled due to maintenance work etc., then there will always be a replacement bus service offered.
- If you have booked a flight with Ryanair, you might have an opportunity to buy Stansted Express tickets at reduced prices directly from Ryanair. We are not able to answer questions or help you further if you choose to book Stansted Express tickets through Ryanair.