The Best of Rome 2 hours
If you had to pick one area in Rome where a guided tour should be an absolute priority, then it's without a doubt the Colosseum and the ancient city centre of Rome. This is one of our most popular tours in Rome, see for yourself why that is.
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of ancient Rome
- Skip the long lines to Colosseum
- Explore the ancient ruins at Roman Forum
Explore Ancient Rome
Walk with us as we bring the past 2,500 years back to life, recalling the many bloody and scandalous tales of emperors and gladiators, Caesars and slaves.
Understand how the rites of ancient Rome influenced tyrannical leaders such as Julius Caesar and Nero. Learn about the founding of Rome, its steady rise to power, and eventual fall.
The tour will make you understand why all roads lead to Rome!
If you like the sound of this tour, but would like to see a bit more of Rome, then perhaps our The Best of Rome 3,5 tour is what you are looking for? The first portion of the tour is the same, but it also includes other famous sights, such as Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts in front of the tourist information centre on Via dei Fori Imperiali. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please be there 20 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends at Roman Forum.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts approx. 2 hours.
Are there children's tickets?
No, but children under age 5 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You will skip all official lines, and they can be very long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there might be some lines. This cannot be avoided, but these lines will be far shorter than the public ones.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or get you a full refund.
- Due to security and security checks, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is a walking tour, so please wear appropriate footwear.