Schönbrunn Palace Concerts
Experience the wonders of Wolfang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss in the the beautiful and historic setting of the Schönbrunn Palace Orangery. Built as an addition to the Palace in the 18th century, the building is an exquisite example of baroque classicism and is the perfect setting for a night of classical music in Vienna.
At the historic Baroque Orangery of Schönbrunn Palace, the Schönbrunn Palace Orchestra Vienna (April to October & Christmas) or the Schönbrunn Palace Ensemble Vienna (January to March and November to December 23) alternate to perform the most beautiful pieces of music ever written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss.
You will find the Schönbrunn Palace Orangery's seating plan here. You can choose between four categories of tickets: VIP, A, B or C, referring to the front, middle and back of the auditorium respectively.
The first part of the concert features selected overtures, arias and duets by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, such as “The Marriage of Figaro”, “The Magic Flute” and “Don Giovanni”. After the intermission, let the orchestra delight you with the most memorable operetta arias, waltzes and polkas by Johann Strauss, the King of waltz, including “The Bat”, “The Gipsy Baron”, “The Blue Danube Waltz” and the “Radetzky March”.
Two opera singers, a soprano and a baritone, as well as a captivating ballet couple in historic dress will round out the evening.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive your e-tickets sent to your email address entered at time of booking, please print out your ticket and bring it with you to the Orangery.
- Your tickets are valid only for the date booked.
- Duration incl. intermission is 1½-2 hours, and ends approximately 10:15 PM.
- During the intermission, VIP guests will receive a glass of complimentary sparkling wine at the bar.
- On rare occasions concerts may take place in the Great Gallery or the White Gold Room located inside Schoenbrunn Palace or in other concert halls in Vienna. We will notify you in advance in the unlikely event that a change of venue is required.
- After the Schönbrunn Palace concerts, taxis are readily available right outside Schoenbrunn Palace Orangery. The subway runs until midnight in five-eight minute intervals.